Viral marketing is one of the most effective ways to put your business on the map, but it isn’t as easy as it sounds. Crafting contagious content that people want to share with their friends and family can be downright difficult. It’s proven to be one of the most effective ways to get your content in front of new audiences quickly and efficiently and it can also lead to great long-term results.
Viral marketing is the use of strategies to make a consumer want to pass on content, for example, links, videos, or infographics. It can be used by any business or individual that wants to reach a large audience quickly and easily. Viral content can spread through word-of-mouth or social media channels like Facebook, Tiktok, Instagram, and Twitter.
If you’re looking for viral marketing and how to craft contagious content, here are some tips on how to do that:
What Is Good Content?
Content is the key to successful marketing. Whether you’re looking to attract new customers, inspire loyalty among existing buyers, or drive sales – your content is the foundation of your marketing strategy. To craft contagious content, you must first understand what makes any piece of writing good.
- Good content must be valuable and useful. If your audience doesn’t learn anything from reading your article, it’s not going to spread.
- Good content is full of rich, engaging, and valuable information and tells a story. For example, good content provides value to the reader by educating, engaging, and entertaining them.
- Good content should be attention-grabbing and useful at the same time.
- Good content is well-researched and well-written. If people can tell that you spent hours making sure every word was perfect, they’ll be more likely to share what they think is valuable with their friends.
- Good content should be original, unique, and interesting. The more unique an idea or story is, the more likely it’ll stand out among all the other pieces of information floating around online.
How To Create Good Content
Creating good content is the most undervalued part of marketing, especially with so many tools out there. But it’s the foundation that makes everything else work. If your content is weak, you’ll never generate followers let alone convert your visitors into customers.
It’s important to understand what makes content contagious before you begin crafting your contagious content. If you want people to share your content, some key principles need to be considered:
- Engagement – The more people engage with your piece of communication, the more likely they are going to share it with others. Sharing something because you think it will make someone else laugh or feel better about themselves isn’t enough. You need to Create content that is interesting to the audience to stir engagement from the audience. You can do this by creating content that speaks to them on an emotional level as well as an intellectual one that allows them to participate in the conversation surrounding it (or at least make comments).
- Originality – If there’s anything we’ve learned from seeing memes go viral every day since 2008, it’s that being unique matters, and content creators that will go viral will learn how to make ideas stick and things become popular by how much effort goes into it.
- Don’t make it too long or too short – When creating content, you want to get right to the point. If a reader has to spend too much time reading through information they don’t need, they may lose interest and move on to another prospect. On the other hand, if your content is too short it also won’t be read because it doesn’t offer any details on why your product is special.
- Add a relevant video to your blog post –The best way to do this is by making the content interesting and unique so that it catches people’s attention and compels them to share without you having to ask for it. Videos can be a great way of doing this, especially if they are well-made and engaging. One effective strategy is to add an entertaining video at the end of your post (e.g., with the key takeaways), which people will enjoy watching as they scroll down your page.
- Craft an infographic or create a tutorial – If you’re looking to increase your content’s visibility and virality, infographics and tutorials are a great way to do so. Infographics can be used to explain complex topics and they are a great way to make otherwise boring topics more interesting. They can also be used to explain complicated processes or even just show off your company’s accomplishments. Tutorials are another way to demonstrate how-to information. Whether it’s making an omelet or building a website, tutorials are simple yet effective ways of showing off how much you know about a topic or skill set.
Benefit Of Having A Blog/Articles On A Website
Having a blog/article on your website is a great way to increase brand awareness, increase traffic to your site, improve SEO, and increase sales. While there are many different ways to increase brand awareness, having a blog or articles on your website is one of the most effective ways. By creating articles related to your business (or industry) and posting them on your site, you are sending out a signal that you are an authority in that field. You can also use this as an opportunity to link back to other pages on your site or even another social media account if appropriate.
Having a blog/articles on a website helps in creating a local search for people. If the content is interesting and useful then it gets ranking in search engines, once this happens then it leads to more organic traffic on your site which in turn increases profits for you or your company. Also, when people visit this page they will see the number of views it has received which increases trust in what you are saying about yourself or your product. This makes it more likely for them to go through with any future purchases from you than from someone who doesn’t have much information available online yet (unless they’re simply trying something new).
A blog or an article on your web page is one good way to communicate with your audience. There is no better way for visitors to educate themselves about your products and services than by reading up about them and these people will be able to read them over and over again.
How Can Blogs/Articles Impact The Website’s SEO
Writing blogs and articles can impact the website’s SEO in multiple ways. First and foremost, if you create high-quality content, it will enable the reader to enjoy reading which can help improve their online experience. More importantly, when they are inclined to share your articles with their friends on social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter, then this is a big boost for your website’s ranking as Google rewards users who share viral content.
Blogging can have a huge impact on all of the following:
- Bounce rate, time on site, and page views – If you write about topics that your readers are interested in, they will stay longer and visit more pages. This will increase your bounce rate but at least they are enjoying what they are reading.
- Page authority – The more authority you have for a particular keyword, the better chance you’ll rank well for that term when someone searches for it. Your blog posts can help boost your website’s overall page authority which will lead to higher rankings in search engines like Google.
- Link building – Blogging about relevant topics helps build links to your site from other sites because people like reading quality content related to their industry or niche interests simply because it’s good information! When others link back to those blogs/articles by mentioning them somewhere else online (like another blog post), then these links show up under “backlinks” with an orange color code showing their strength; more orange means a stronger link.
Drive Traffic To The Website Via Great Blogs/Articles Content
A blog is a written piece of work that can be shared with a large audience. The goal of viral marketing and crafting contagious content is to create articles or content which are so unique, they are shared by everyone they know. A blog post can also impact your search engine optimization because it gives you extra content to link back to your site. That makes it easier for search engines like Google and Bing to rank your website higher on their results pages.
Out of all of the factors that go into SEO, none is more important than content. People have become accustomed to receiving high-quality, valuable content online, and are unlikely to go back without some kind of satisfaction. Having said that, you can’t just post a bunch of random stuff on your website and hope for the best. You need to create blog posts in such a way as to attract more traffic and higher page views for your site
Website owners know that the more copies of their content that are out there on the web, the better chance they have of making it onto Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs). That’s why they’ll often include links back to their site at the end of an article or blog post. This also creates a backlink profile for your website, which is incredibly important for SEO.
The Bottom Line
Viral Marketing is not an option, but an essential part of your marketing strategy in the internet age. Viral content can give you a competitive advantage and drive greater engagement with your target audience. The most important thing is to keep creating content that’s relevant, interesting, and truly unique. Viral Marketing and how to craft contagious content needs to be done consistently.
Just remember, the more time and effort you put into crafting contagious content, the better the chances are that it will go viral. If you do not have so much time to give to this and you need a digital marketing company to help manage your content, please reach out to us at GOA-TECH. Our professional team will work with you to produce your desired viral results.