Now that you’ve figured out your business’ social media, your website, and logo, it’s time to put it all together with a classic marketing technique—your business card! Tried and true, business cards can help your business grow a lot more than you think. Here are some tips and tricks:
What Should My Business Card Look Like?
At 2 inches by 3.5 inches, you’re probably wondering how in the world this small piece of cardstock is supposed to make a lasting impression. It’s easier said than done, but the first step is making every space count. Don’t put the entire origin story of your business on the card; keep things simple and to-the-point.
Business cards are one of the most important marketing tools because of how simple they are. Your main focus should be on developing a card that will make a good impression while still appearing professional. Things like keywords, colors, design, and even the texture of your business cards can bring life to your connections with people when you hand them that card. Make something that looks so good, people will find it hard to forget! This is where hiring a designer can either make or break your business card.
Many business owners focus more on the services they provide than the aesthetics and image of their brand. Unfortunately, this will only hurt those businesses in the long run. Let’s face it: humans are visual beings. Looks do matter, so take your time when it comes to your business cards and other marketing tools. Our expert team at GOA-TECH can help you with these needs to set your business up for success.
Of course, small companies that are strapped for cash and can’t afford to hire a designer or professional marketer often have to design their business cards themselves. This is completely fine! Running a business is grueling work, so keep on hustling and make your business cards yourself. We have plenty of tips and trips for the most effective marketing when it comes to business cards.
- Pick a color palette and stick to it! Preferably, this will match with the palette you’ve already chosen for your logo, website, and social media. More importantly, these colors will accentuate the goods or services your business provides. If your business is a day-care for children, you may want to use bright, eye-catching colors and fonts that will grab the attention of both young and old. If your business is more professional and caters more towards an adult crowd, stick to neutral tones and colors.
- Going back to your logo, make sure it’s the biggest part of the business card rather than the contact information. This is so that the person reading the card pays attention to the logo first and remembers your business more easily. This works especially great if you have an interesting, unique logo.
- Essential information is key. Don’t forget to include your company’s name, your name, your position, as well as your company’s address, phone and fax numbers, email, and website.
While the font should be attention-grabbing and different so that your business cards will stand out from the rest, the most important thing is to choose a font that’s actually legible. If it’s too hard to read, the person you give it to won’t bother reading it.
- Carry your business cards in a card case so that they’re ripped or torn up when you have them.
You don’t have to just stick to that little rectangle! Try different shapes and sizes to really catch someone’s eye. Remember to always keep it professional, however.
- Try different textures on your card, such as paper with 3-D shapes, holographic effects, embossing, or foil stamping.
Why Should I Have a Business Card?
Impressions count! Business cards are one of the many ways you can make these great first impressions onto potential clients and business partners. It remains important to avoid passing up the opportunity. Business cards provide one of the quickest and easiest ways to give anyone your contact information at any time. While mobile phones and other digital devices can be useful in exchanging info, business cards are simply more efficient and leave room for creativity, giving your brand a visual appeal.
It’s one of the oldest marketing tricks in the book, but it sure does work. At GOA-TECH, we want to help you and your business with all of its marketing needs, so don’t be afraid to reach out. Check out our website for more information.