SEO Basics for Small Business Owners: How to Get Your Company on Google and Rank Better
For many small business owners, getting their company’s name and website listed on Google can seem like an insurmountable task. Even for experienced internet users, the task of getting a website listed on search engines can be difficult.
Many business owners don’t know where to start. Fortunately, the good news is that achieving a high search engine ranking for your website doesn’t require a lot of technical know-how or a large budget.
As a small business, you can implement some of the most effective SEO strategies to get your company’s name listed on top search engines like Google and Bing. Here’s everything you need to know about SEO basics for small business owners.
Get Your Small Business Listed with Google
Wondering “How do I get my business on Google?” The first step to getting your business listed is to make sure that your name and website are included in the “directory” section of the search engine. You can accomplish this by submitting your business to both Google and Bing directories.
Next, you need to optimize your website for search engines. This means that you need to optimize your site for both Google and Bing By optimizing your website, you’re telling search engines that your site exists and that it’s a useful destination for people looking for information about your industry.
The Key to SEO is Content Marketing
Search engine optimization is just one part of digital marketing. The success of your SEO efforts depends on your website’s quality content. A well-written blog with relevant and helpful articles that answer your customers’ questions is a great way to start.
It doesn’t take a technical whiz to grasp the value of having helpful, original content on your website. The content on your site can direct potential customers to click-throughs and purchases. High-quality content is also an important part of Google’s algorithms. Google is constantly tweaking its algorithm to encourage more relevant search results.
Having high-quality content on your site can improve your website’s ranking while lowering the chance that Google will demote your site in its results. Google is more likely to promote websites with lots of fresh, quality content.
How to Rank Better on Google
One of the most common questions that business owners have when it comes to SEO is whether they should focus on getting listed higher on Google or another search engine like Bing or Yahoo. The truth is that you should focus on both.
First and foremost, you need to make sure that your business’s name is properly listed on Google. Once your business’s name is listed, you want to make sure that your website is optimized for Google to show up in the top spots of the search engine’s results page.
Here are a few SEO techniques that you can implement to get your business’s name listed on Google.
- Get a Quality Domain Name: The domain name is the URL of your website. Some of the most common domain name mistakes on the internet are using hyphenated domain names, using words that are too generic, and using poor-quality domain names.
A domain name that’s too generic, that’s too similar to other domain names, or that uses poor-quality words can negatively impact your SEO efforts.
A domain name that’s too generic is likely to lead to low rankings. One that’s too similar to other domain names is likely to be flagged as a duplicate. Finally, a domain that uses poor-quality words is likely to be flagged as a poor-quality domain name. Domain names should be easy to remember and type.
- Create a Professional-Looking Website: Build a website that looks like a legitimate business. Include high-quality photos and content, along with a professional-looking layout and design. The more likely it is that Google will show your website to your potential customers, the better.
- Secure Your Website: If you’re using a self-hosted WordPress website, you should make sure to have a strong security setup and plugin. You should also make sure that no one is accessing your website without the proper permission.
- Invest in Quality Backlinks: Backlinks are another way that Google ranks websites. You want to make sure that your domain name is pointing to the best possible place. You should also make sure that you have the best possible backlink profile. The best possible backlink profile has many high-quality links from other websites that are pointing to the page where your domain name is hosted. Invest in a little bit of effort up-front, and you’re more likely to reap the rewards of a better Google ranking.
Ranking Better on Google
Multiple factors go into Google’s algorithm. The goal of SEO is to get your website to rank high enough in Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs) to be noticed by potential customers.
The factors that Google weighs heavily in its algorithm include:
- the quality of the site’s content
- the domain name (URL) of the site
- the link authority of the site’s domain name
- the link popularity of the site’s domain name.
To get your business’s name listed on Google’s front page, you’ll need to make sure that you’re ranking well enough in other factors. The most important ranking factor is link popularity.
How Do I Get My Business on Google? | Partnering with GOA-TECH
There are plenty of challenges for new businesses when it comes to internet marketing. How do you make sure that your business gets listed on Google? What are the top SEO techniques for getting your company’s name listed on top search engines like Google?
Fortunately, there is hope for the small business owner, achieving a high search engine ranking for your website doesn’t require a lot of technical know-how or a large budget.
Even as a small business, you can implement some of the most effective SEO strategies to get your company’s name listed on top search engines like Google. To make sure that your company’s name gets listed on top search engines like Google, you should follow the tips in this article. This includes:
- getting a quality domain name
- building a professional-looking website
- securing your website
- investing in quality backlinks
- and more!
There are plenty of benefits that come with having your company’s name listed on Google. With a high search engine ranking, you’ll have more traffic, more leads, and more sales. For the best possible results, consider partnering with our professional team from GOA-TECH, contact us today!